Adding a slide. quick question

Ldawg32

Aug 12, 2021
Rockville centre
My pool has just been completed and paved. I didn’t think I’d be able to fit a slide but now after researching it the footprint for these slides aren’t as big as I had thought. All my plumbing lines are buried under the pavers but I had them run an extra 2 inch line for a future waterfall and it is accessible. My question is can they use that line and T off of that for the slide? I live in Nassau county does anyone know someone that handles this type of job. My pool company isn’t calling me back.

My question is can they use that line and T off of that for the slide?
Yes, you can install a 3-way valve at that stub-out so that you can manipulate water either OFF, to the slide, or a water feature as desired. Not sure about contractors in your area though. Maybe someone else will know.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Hey Dawg and Welcome !!! With easy access to a feed pipe, any plumber will do just fine.

*some* of them shy away from doing equipment pad work because of the electric involved and pool codes being different from their normal bread and butter.

My pool has just been completed and paved. I didn’t think I’d be able to fit a slide but now after researching it the footprint for these slides aren’t as big as I had thought. All my plumbing lines are buried under the pavers but I had them run an extra 2 inch line for a future waterfall and it is accessible.
It is assumed you have to connect the other end of this 2" pipe to your return from existing pump. You could put a valve there (at the equipment pad) to control flow to the slide. If you only have 1 pump that handles your pool circulation then you will need to determine how much flow is required by your slide. Post a picture of your equipment pad and where this extra 2" line is positioned and you can get some help.
Any plumber that has worked on pools should be able to assist. You do not need your PB.

Thanks for responses. Here is where it is accessible and obviously at the pumps but that pipe is a lot closer to where slide would go then the pump. Can they run a line off of this? The slide itself has a valve for on and off. I would just turn it on and off there. And I obviously know it would only operate when the waterfall is running.

Before you jump on slides, you might do some research here and around. A lot of people consider a slide a high risk addition to a pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.