Adding a sand filter to intex pool with attached skimmer

Jul 12, 2012
Hicksville, NY
I bought the Summer Escapes 12' x 36" pool this year for my 3 and 6 year old kids. The filter/pump that came with it is very small and awful!
Well, what can you expect for a pool that was $149 from Walmart that actually comes with filter/pump, ladder, etc.
I invested in an Intex Krystal Clear 1,600 Gallon Sand Filter for $149.00 on amazon.com.

I was trying to find pictures or a way I could hook this sand filter up since I didn't have 2 holes in my pool for
lines in and out. I found an adapter for summer escapes/intex pools for pools that have an attached skimmer basket at amazon.com
for $19.99. I did not have to buy any hoses or anything else besides the adapter. This filter also comes with B attachments for
summer escapes and/or other pools.

If you have any questions about this filter or need any help adding one to your pool just ask..It really took only 15 minutes to
hook everything up. The aeration and filtration is unbelievable!

I have included a picture of my setup below...

photo2.jpg

I just purchased the same set up. I saw the adapter on amazon but was curious how you fit the other hose thru the wall. When I tried it the hole seemed to small. I didn't want to force it and end up ripping pool. Do I need to buy an adapter for that as well?
Thanks

This is actually the one I bought it was $10.28 but it is the same exact thing! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TY7S26/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i01
You just take the little white screw ring off the top of the adapter. Push the part that has the black O ring through the bottom of the skimmer,it will seem like it is too big but it isn't (put a little Vaseline on the o ring) and push until it won't go anymore. Place your hand inside the pool skimmer basket and fasten the white screw ring on top of the adapter and screw until it is on good. Leave that white paper cartridge (that came with your pool) out and put the skimmer basket back in. Replace the top of the skimmer and your done. Now you take the B part that comes with this sand filter and screw it onto the (adapter you bought )bottom of skimmer, tighten the grey screw on the B piece it until you feel it is secure. Than attach the hose (that came with the filter) to the part of the pump that has the skimmer basket in front of it. Tighten the grey screw until secure. It should look like in my picture. From the pool to sand filter. If your pool doesn't have a skimmer basket and has 2 holes for in and out this sand filter comes with those hoses and pieces as well.

For the out hose? The water that filters into the pool? (through the wall) I actually took off the hose and original pieces that came with the pool. I took the OUT filter (this piece comes with the sand filter) unscrewed the pieces and put the large round filter head (has a small nozzel- to direct water up/down) on the inside of the pool. Push the threading part through original hole (it will seem tight) but it fits (use Vaseline). On the outside of the pool you attach the remaining parts of the OUT filter which has that grey lever (that looks like a T) and tighten the grey screws. Hook up remaining hoses and put sand in the filter make sure everything is nice and tight and your done!

Everything came out great . Filter is so much better then the one it comes with. If you set the timer on this filter will it automatically come on daily? Thanks for responding and helping out.

No, that sand filter/pump combo does not include a SWG. I have that same 1600gph on a 15x48 Intex. Ran two cartridge filters previously just to get enough filtration.

It works like all kinds of awesome. I'm very pleased with the sand filter. Mah pool never looked better. You won't be disappointed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.