Apr 13, 2018
Houston, TX
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have an existing Pentair valve that is installed between my pool return pipe and the pipes for 3 waterfall/scuppers. I've never touched it, as I've controlled the waterfall flow on/off with variable speed pump. Looking at my equipment pad, it occurred to me that it should be easy to add an actuator to that valve and manage the waterfalls on/off in that way. I do have two valves with actuators to switch between pool and spa mode, for both the intakes and returns.

Looking at the EasyTouch documentation, it looks like I have two open auxiliary valve connections on the circuit board. Is this as easy as I think it is? Looks like I buy the actuator, attach to the valve, run the cable to the EasyTouch and plug it into the circuit board....

Thanks for any input!

TTB,

It is almost that simple.. The next thing you need to do is assign the valve to a circuit.. and set the pump speed for that circuit. You can then schedule the waterfall if you want or just manually use an icon to turn the valve on and off.

1. Find an unused Feature Circuit and rename it "Waterfall". Leave Circuit function as generic.
2. Assign valve A (or B) to the "Waterfall" Circuit
3. Assign "Waterfall" as speed under your pump page...

Here are the relevant setup pages..

View media item 1964

Let me know if you have any questions..

Thanks,

Jim R.

TTB,

It is almost that simple.. The next thing you need to do is assign the valve to a circuit.. and set the pump speed for that circuit. You can then schedule the waterfall if you want or just manually use an icon to turn the valve on and off.

Let me know if you have any questions..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim, after super fast shipping from Pool Supplies 4 Less, the install is done and is exactly as I wanted. I did have to open up the actuator to change the stops to a 90 degree vs 180 degree orientation, but after a little trial and error, this went flawlessly. Your expertise is much appreciated!

David

Hello,

I'm a new pool owner and my pool equipment was setup with out any actuated valves in place. I'm interested in installing an actuator to be able to control the waterfall from the Screenlogic app. The current setup includes one manual 3-way valve which one leg is the waterfall and the other leg is the pool return. Would I be able to put a actuated valve on the existing 3 way pump or would it make send to just put it on the 2 way on the leg to the waterfall?

I would like to be able to just have the waterfall on without having to run the pool return to be able to reduce pump speed and save some energy during peak hours.

Also, would be beneficial to have a actuated valve on the return to be able turn sweeper on and off?

Please share any thoughts or advice.

Thank You

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.