adding a dedicated suction line

Apr 7, 2014
az
my 8.5 dive pool is getting resurfaced so i am thinking about adding a dedicated suction line to eliminate the use of a vac-mate diverter in my skimmer. i have a poolfurnugen 4 wheel cleaner that has no trouble now covering the entire pool with a 2hp variable speed pump. the only place i have to install the suction port is on the wall in the deep end of the pool. my pool installer is balking... is there a problem with this approach?

Sounds like you need to upgrade to a robot. All that robot needs is an electric outlet to plug in to and will work far, far better than what you've been using and what you want to do by adding another suction line.

Maddie

Dave,

Other than using technology from the 60's, I don't see any reason why your pool guy would balk at doing what you want. :scratch:

I too suggest that you move up into this century with a Robot..

Like this...

Thanks,

Jim R.

I think your installer is balking because he would have to drill through the shell and then run a line back to the equipment pad. That's a huge amount of work and, if anything goes wrong with the pool shell in the future, he could be on the hook. I would not want to do it either.

Which then makes @YippeeSkippy and @Jimrahbe 's comments all the more relevant, why bother with a suction vac?? I had one for four years and it did a mediocre job. I switched to a robot and my pool is a lot cleaner. I can run the robot once and then pull it out and my pool will be good for 2-3 days, sometimes as long as 5 days. Now pulling a cleaner in and out is no fun, but I consider it a small price to pay when looking at my nice pool and not seeing suction hoses in the water.

Up to you, but I don't disagree with your contractor not wanting to take on that headache.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.