Added Some Landscaping AGP

May 6, 2016
Minot, ND
Hi All!

Like the title says we decided to add some simple touches last summer. Here are some before and after pics. You can’t see them in the pics but we added mushroom glass top solar lights around the pool which looks great at night. Also have added some solar fence lighting as well. The kids also had to have some wireless rock speakers so they can jam out while in the pool.

I cannot wait until it warms up so we can get it going again. After a consecutive 50 something days in negative weather, this weekend is supposed to be above zero and around 50 above. This will have been our 4 winter of leaving the pool up over winter minus the filter, pump and SWG of course. I always just drain below the in/out lines, pour in some bleach and cover it up. So far so good!

I really wanted to add a deck but we have limited space without taking up half of our back yard.

Anyways if anyone has suggestions on anything else that would make our little oasis “pop”, I am all ears.

Have a good one!76D4632B-C8CA-4E77-8EF9-53736D4F2ACE.jpegD01E16C7-286C-4F2A-988B-3E60691E6602.jpeg4895E164-CF70-40AB-908C-3ED70438E0B1.jpeg

Reactions: splashpad
I can see them in the final pic, I would love to see these lights lit up!

We have umbrellas and tiki torches around our oasis :D Otherwise, we just keep it simple. I wish we had room for a deck!
View attachment 95197
I like the tiki torches! We thought about that too but kids playing football in the backyard usually means something getting broken and I could just see them being hit and spilling into the pool ?

Reactions: splashpad
Not the greatest pic of the lights but here you go.
I love the look! That is cool! We got an Intex in-pool wall-light for this year, hoping it's as good as "promised" lol!
I like the tiki torches! We thought about that too but kids playing football in the backyard usually means something getting broken and I could just see them being hit and spilling into the pool ?
So far so good, but our kiddos are littles, time will tell I guess! :stirpot:

Last edited:
Reactions: GotZoom76
How about some tall fronds or grasses in pots where the lower marigold type pots are now? Sort of surrounding the pool walls with lush greenery as if its in the jungle? Helps hide the word "Intex" y'know?

Use groupings of pots, 1, 3 or 5, groupings look more natural than single pots lined up.

Love that you added lights and rock speakers out there. :)

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: GotZoom76

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.