Added nothing but chlorine

Jeff J.

Aug 6, 2019
Staten Island NY
Finally closed the pool today. Went through the whole season adding nothing but chlorine. I started TFP last season, and I don't think I've ever had a season where I added nothing else. My PH basically stayed at 7.5-7.8. I started keeping one puck in a floater, and it drifted to 7.2, but came back up again. My CYA started at 60, went down to 50, and rose to 70 by the end of the season. Last year I put borates in, and I actually put some salt in the beginning of the season for feel. No algae. I can't remember if I had any last season, but I used to get it every year. So basically, I only added liquid chlorine all year. Thanks, TFP!

Reactions: mknauss
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP.
We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Reactions: rcerf
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.