Added Borates and TA is Up

HouTex

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 7, 2011
Houston, Texas
I added Borates to my pool last month and I love the way my water looks. I made sure the water was balanced before I added them and I followed the instructions very closely on adding 20 Mule Borax and MA. From a week to 10 days after adding the Borax/MA my TA has consistently stayed around 100-130. And since that time I've added almost two gallons of MA over a 2-3 week period to lower the pH (my pool is still new and I'm still adding about a gallon or so of MA each week). I understand that Borates do not affect TA. Any reasons why my TA is staying on the high side? I'm trying to get it down to the 60 range. There has been very little rain here in Houston over the last couple of months and with evaporation I have to add about 1/2 inch of water every four or so days and my city water's TA is approximately 110. Can this be the cause?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.