Added acid - little to no drop in TA

Gofrogs727

Jun 11, 2021
Aledo, Texas
Good morning. I have slowly been adding acid over the past 36 hours to drop my PH and TA. Previous PH was 8.0-8.2 and my TA was 130.

I have added at least 36 ounces over the past 36 hours. My PH is sitting at 7.4 (target is 7.2 and then aerate PH back up per pool math). TA is now 110-120 (not much change from the original 130).

Any idea why the PH is dropping like it should, but the TA is now budging much.

If it matters, pool has 3 water features (hot tub overflow, sheer decent, and bubbler in swim pad area). Using Taylor K2006 kit.

That is how it works.. The TA is slow to drop.. I have been dropping mine also but now I have Borates.. It take LOTS longer now, I have gone through 2 gallons this week :)

Reactions: Gofrogs727
Your TA has lowered. It will go slowly at first. Use Effects of Adding Chemicals in Poolmath. Once you get your pH back to 7.6 or so, lower it to 7.2.

Why are you concerned with lowering the TA of your pool water?

Reactions: Gofrogs727
TA range is 50 - 90+. Unless you have a CSI issue, there is no reason to lower TA except through normal pH management.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.