Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2021
Longview, Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
If I adjust the actuator position using the toggle switch will it automatically go back to its set position when I shut the pump off or switch from pool to spa mode? Or do I have to manually get it back to where it was?

Is this a trick question?? :mrgreen:

If you adjust the valve using the toggle switch, it will not stay there unless you put the switch in off. Obviously, in off the valve will not move.

If you moved the switch from one "on" position to the other "on" position, the valve will be 180 out of position.

If you moved the valve and then moved it back, then any minor error will be gone the next time the valve is used by the automation.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
The switch on the valve actuator reverses the on/off positions, so if you're in "pool" mode, and you flip that switch to send water to the spa instead, that's where it will be in pool mode until you manually flip it back.

edit: beaten by seconds!

Reactions: Jimrahbe
The physical stop positions of the actuator are determines by a set of two cams on the actuator shaft. You adjust those cams by opening the actuator lid, loosening the shaft cam nut and then rotate the cam stops to the position you want. You do this with the manual switch in the OFF position and then you test the valve positions by flipping the switch from ON1 to ON2. These actuators are designed to rotate between two limits, that’s it. You can manually stop them anywhere between the limits but when in the ON position the shaft rotates from one stop to the other.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.