Bradford, Canada
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hello there

In the process of getting quotes for pools. However, I'm finding it difficult to find actual dimensions of non rectangular pools. For example a pool brochure will say 14x28 but it will be a curves etc. How much feet are you losing when the pool curves in etc.

Hi there Jason, welcome to Troublefreepools.com :)

Break the pool up into sections if that helps you. Also have you seen in PoolMath (look at Classic Web Version below) for the pool volume estimator help.

Maddie :flower:

I had the same issue as you with my new pool. I divided the pool into three sections, got the volume of each section in cubic feet by multiplying average width, height and depth, and then added the three volumes together to get the total. Take your total volume in cubic feet and multiply by 7.481 to get gallons. As best as I can tell I got within about 500 gallons (4%) which is a good enough margin of error for most of the calculations I need to make.

Reactions: bdavis466
Once you get the water in and do some manual chlorine additions with testing 30 minutes later you can play with Pool Math (effects of adding, and the pool volume field) to get your total volume more dialed in.

We found that the perimeter measurement the best bet. When we were getting pricing, free form pools were a lot smaller than a true rectangle pool of the same size.

I took length x average width x average depth and came out about 5000 gallons more than the PB drawing (20k vs 15k). Could never understand why my muriatic acid adds never reduced pH by the amount pool math said it should. It does now though.

came out about 5000 gallons more than the PB drawing (20k vs 15k).

We recently bought a house with what was advertised as a 15K gallon pool. This was confirmed with the invoice/bill-of-sale from the PB that was provided to us by the previous owner at closing along with all the other usual documents that get passed along. After getting odd results from my chemical additions and subsequently doing my own thorough measurements/estimates, it's definitely not a 15K gallon pool at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.