Active/S 2018 models Caution

MannyT

Jun 15, 2017
Pembroke Pines, Florida
The new 2018 models except for the Above Grounds now come with a new anti tangling swivel cord. I purchased an Active 30i yesterday and received it today but I didn't get a 2018 model with the swivel cord, apparently I got one of the previous models. I noticed I might have a problem when the box looked like it had been in a warehouse for a while. It had accumulated a lot of dirt and torn in a couple of places. I called the place I bought it from and they are going to replace and apologized for the incident. They called their Maytronics rep to complain because this is not how they do business. They will be shipping a 2018 Active 30i to me from Maytronics HQ asap. WARNING: Just be aware that you could also be getting a 2017 model or older and could be the reason you are getting a great price. I wasn't getting a great deal so I expected the 2018 model with the swivel cord.

I'm glad the fix was easy. I would say that unless they specify if it's a 2017 (or earlier) or and 2018 model, it could be either one. Definitely wise to inquire or let them know you are only buying a 2018 model. The difference is a BIG deal if the swivel works as intended.

From a dealer's perspective, I'm sure many have 2017's but they need to do right and specify what they are selling.

It was one of their Elite Dealers and nothing was mentioned that it was a 2017 or older but I did mentioned the swivel cord. Apparently, they drop ship their robots directly from Maytronics warehouse because it was delivered directly to my house. He told me the new one would be shipped from Jacksonville or from GA so I believe its coming directly from Maytronics and that is why he complained to his Maytronics rep. He told me that the new one would be here Thursday or Friday. The condition of the box worried me the most as it had a lot of dust on the top and the carrying holes on the sides were all torned. It looked like it had been in the warehouse for a while and tossed around and who knows why.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.