Acsorbic Acid Treatment - Opening Pool

I would get your pool opened and balanced early. SLAM it if you have to cold and get it clear.

Then, and only then, do an AA treatment. The AA treatment moves the iron from solid form (stains) to dissolved ionic form. At that point I would drain off water and refill with fresh to maximize the removal of iron. Then slowly bring the water's FC back up.

Doing this in the early Spring when the water is cool will avoid a massive algae outbreak. Trying to do this type of treatment in the middle of the swim season is a lot harder.

Why does it have stains, are you on a well? If so, do you know how much iron is in your fill water?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am on a well, and its been filled w/ well water. I only started having the iron problems when I was dealing w/ a mustard algae issue last year; necessitating high CL. My pH drifted up to 7.6-7.8 and I started seeing my stairs turn tan. I have some vitamin 'C' tablets on order so I can hold one on the stairs to see if it clears as I expect it to.

I don't know my iron level. I believe it to be on the lower end as my sprinklers have been blasting my white shed for 2 years now and it is only faintly showing that orangeish stain.

Also b/c of scheduling issues my pool is scheduled to open June 2nd. So the spring/cool water thing might be out the window.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.