Accessing sand to deep clean

Aug 5, 2016
Rockford/MI
I want to give my sand a deep clean. I’ve read the sticky thread on how to do it and it makes sense to me. My question is on my plumbing connections to my multi port. I feel like I should be able to disconnect the port from my filter tank without cutting pipe. I’ve attached a picture. I feel like I have enough flexible pipes and unions which makes it feasible. Any thoughts from someone who has done this before?

Attachments

• 151FCD98-77E6-4DCB-A685-285E40CF899F.jpeg
    151FCD98-77E6-4DCB-A685-285E40CF899F.jpeg
    407.6 KB · Views: 21
Now if you find it is NASTY and not really clearing up or SO MUCH STUFF is coming up you can do a complete break down. I do that everyonce in a while. I take all of the sand out. I put it in the wheel barrow and on a tarp I have just for this job (other wise it will get used and abused LOL) Very easy to rinse out in the barrow then dump on the tarp. It is a hot, wet job so be ready for it with plenty of time. You can use a shop vac to suck the dirt out also.

Reactions: NewPoolGal
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.