Aboveground pool cleaner hassles

Aug 27, 2016
Duncanville, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a recessed aboveground vinyl pool. I have been using the Water Tech Pool Blaster it lasts less than a year and then I purchase another using the Amazon warranty. I have also tried the Polaris Vac Sweep, which is a waste of time. And I have tried the ladybug (I can't remember the name) but it gets stuck in the deep end and can't climb back up. Now I am thinking about just not getting an automatic cleaner at all and just brushing and using the leaf rake. The pool is big but its seems like I am just wasting time and money going the automatic route. It will be a hassle in the fall but I am thinking about getting some of the trees cut down so it will be a little easier. Your thoughts?

When I first bought my Pool Blaster max almost 7 years ago it was standard with( Non ) lithium batteries and I wondered why?
Lasted about 4 years before the batteries fizzled, corrosion in the motor / battery box.. Replaced battery with the ION ones they had available 2-3 years ago and still going strong. So I am at about 7 years so far.
After each use I take the filter, front housing and the main unit and set it in the sun at different angle and try to get as much water drained out of it and evaporated.I love my Dolphin E10, but for quick small pick ups, I think this is the best out there unless you go to the more expensive models up from the Max.
With the Lithium batts, they run at full capacity and then just flat out quit, where the Nic/Cad ones uselessly run forever it seems not cleaning anything. I only charge when its dead.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.