Above ground salt water pool

Nozzleman2727

May 23, 2019
I have a above ground that is dropped halfway in. It’s a saltwater 8000. And although it’s “made for salt water”. I’ve been told when u drop them in the ground there are little scratches that rocks and gravel make to the coating and the salt causes rusting . Just wondering what your guys experienced.

Attachments

• D01ED911-95E4-4793-B379-1C1B13344C79.jpeg
    D01ED911-95E4-4793-B379-1C1B13344C79.jpeg
    783.6 KB · Views: 38
Just to repeat what you will read several times in other threads, even regular chlorine pools have sat in them from the chemical breakdowns, a salt water pool has only slightly more.

Was any kind of landscaping fabric put down around it at all? Even without any my thought would be that the amount of water that would reach those parts would be minimal and only from people splashing water outside of the pool. I would be just as concerned about rainwater and causing rust if what you heard is true. I do not have any experience with sunken pools though but I believe several people on here have them so hopefully one of them can chime in.

Thanks for the reply I was sort of coming to that conclusion myself from what I been reading here , but just wanted to see what other guys experience was . As far as landscaping I have smooth river rock around the pool n pavers. When the installer put it in they put foam board around the outside pool wall to protect it then backfill. But I can see there as little rocks n pebbles that get inbetween the foam board n wall .

I have the saltwater 8000 and noticed the finish is bubbling where a little bit of sand/dirt was against the wall. I posted pictures of it in a thread I started about keeping the exterior walls clear. I thought it was the crushed stone rubbing the finish but it appears to be from moisture where the sand was against the wall. It is at the very bottom but I have since moved the sand away from the wall. I don't see rust yet but I wonder if it is coming. I plan to send the pics to the manufacture to see what they think. I was annoyed since this pool is rated to be buried and I only have 1/2" of sand with maybe 1" of rock against the wall. I would be more concerned about constant moisture from it being buried vs. the saltwater. So far the saltwater has not been an issue at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.