Above ground pool noise

Morozov97

Jul 11, 2020
Maple ridge
Hi everyone i am new here and have some questions about my summer waves above ground pool. Its a 16 foot circle pool and we have had it up for about 7 weeks. The kids love the pool and actually so does my wife and I. I leveled the ground for about 2 weeks then we added a thin layer of sand and some tarps before setting up the pool. My water level is about 1 inch out of level so that does not concern me much but when the kids are playing and splashing around the top ring sways back and forth and the tbars are making a creeking sound. I wanted to see if this is normal or i should be concerned. Last thing i need is for the pool to fall apart.

Thanks for any feedback

Hi and Welcome to TFP! Pools are great fun for all!!!!!

What you are experiencing and hearing is very normal. The smaller the pools the more it moves and louder it sounds. You are good with the level only being 1" you and the kids are safe.

Happy Swimming!

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Morozov97
Hi and Welcome to TFP! Pools are great fun for all!!!!!

What you are experiencing and hearing is very normal. The smaller the pools the more it moves and louder it sounds. You are good with the level only being 1" you and the kids are safe.

Happy Swimming!

Kim:kim:
Hi Kim,

Thanks for your quick reply. My wife thinks i am crazy and so does everyone else lol. I just want to be on the safe side and make sure everything is done correctly. Thanks again:)

It is the soft side that makes it move so much. If you had a hard sided pool and it was moving that much I WOULD be telling you to get a much bigger pool as it could not handle what your kids were doing. You are fine!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.