About to start plumbing new pool install - vacuum line?

jimmythegreek

TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 10, 2017
Morris Cnty NJ
Ive read alot of ppl on here still use their manual vacs at times, I only have the adapter that goes into skimmer to manual vac with, its easy enuff to add now. Not sure if you need a special vac hose or head to use w the vaclock type fittings or can I adapt the cheap freebee I got with pool kit. thanks

You don’t want a wall suction in your family’s pool.

About Us - The ZAC Foundation
They can be perfectly safe.
That link does not go into any kind of detail as to what the circumstances were.

I have 1 and have tested putting my hand over it and the suction is easy to overcome ... because my valving is setup to never allow 100% suction from that port. Plus the entire point of the cover I linked to prevents access if there is no cleaner attached.

Well of course we all want to be safe. But a statement such as "you don't want that" is not very helpful with nothing to back it up.

I don't need to know the horrific details, but would think knowing the chain of events could be very enlightening so members are aware ... you did not provide that.

Personally I prefer to have my suction cleaner attached to the wall so that I can still run my skimmer at the same time.

I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once ... does that make our credentials equivalent? ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.