About to SLAM, but I have some questions.

allan1622

Dec 15, 2022
South Florida
The streaks are brush marks, but here is the algae (image posted below). Before starting this process I'm going to remove all the debris pictured at the bottom.
Test levels: CYA 50, pH 7.8, FC 6 and 0 CC.

Disclaimer, I did add Clorox Shock XtraBlue2 and 1 gallon of liquid chlorine a week ago but I don't think I was thorough with my brushing and I did not leave the pump running 24/7 (I know I know, agh). What should my SLAM target FC be? Pool math says 20 but also states "Your target is outside the recommended range!". I'm unsure how I should proceed. Thank you for the help.

Ingredients in the Clorox product:
Sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione....63.05% Copper (metallic)*** 0.26% OTHER INGREDIENTS 36.69% TOTAL INGREDIENTS 100.00% (Available Chlorine: 39%) **Derived from copper citrate
The filter has been thoroughly cleaned. Pool size 13,500 gal

Last edited:
3 gallons is 22 FC for you. The gallons are rarely dead on, either by guesstimate or evap/rain, but yeah. 3 gals give or take.

The more effort you put in, the better time you have, no matter how bad it is. The M for maintain is critical. You want to test/edd every 2 to 3 hours when possible. You can always test/dose early and reset the 3 hour clock to get away for an errand or whatevs.

Reactions: Mdragger88
3 gallons is 22 FC for you. The gallons are rarely dead on, either by guesstimate or evap/rain, but yeah. 3 gals give or take.

The more effort you put in, the better time you have, no matter how bad it is. The M for maintain is critical. You want to test/edd every 2 to 3 hours when possible. You can always test/dose early and reset the 3 hour clock to get away for an errand or whatevs.
Thank you. I definitely intend on emphasizing M. This is the first time this has happened to me since I moved in, but once is enough.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.