Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My chlorine is almost zero. My pH was around 7.6/8

I added Muriatic Acid to get that down. I bumped on the chlorinator because I don't have a sequestrant yet (should be here Monday). I'll be adding algaecide this evening.

I don't know when my TFtest kit will be here.

It's perfect timing today to put the AA in today.
Should I wait?

Thanks!

Whoa.... slow down. Why are you putting AA in a brand new pool?

WHat am I missing here....?

Maddie :flower:

Hi! I have all over staining. ??‍♀️ Apparently our water has iron, was not tested, no sequestrant added at fill, the PB came day 3 because it was green before it hit the shallow end and I had sent him pictures in concern.

He shocked it. ??‍♀️ I have read that is a no-no for new plaster, and dumped in a couple of gallons of acid. (Splashing it on the chrome handrail). Oh and started filtration... It cleared up the green, but left brown stains. I wrote my name with a vit c tablet, so I guess that is the correct course. (We have brushed and brushed. Those were our only startup instuctions)

In this picture see the discoloration on the walls? (ignore the dirt on the bottom, it rained and that stone is still sloughing around the edge into the pool. All I can do is push it to the drain.)

PB is upset about the staining and told us we need to do something or it will be permanent. (I believe he should have taken precautions, he knows the city water is like this, apparently all the pool stores do).

Week 2 Day 1

Attachments

• PicsArt_06-30-02.42.16.jpg
    PicsArt_06-30-02.42.16.jpg
    460.4 KB · Views: 16
Fwiw... our city water report is from 2017?
It does not list iron. Our sources are 2 lakes and a river. All are bad. The river gets run off from a large chemical plant. ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190630-025740_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20190630-025740_Drive.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 6
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.