A new record - water temp 96 degrees

kellyfair

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 29, 2016
Tampa, FL
I don’t mind it if I can be in the water... but the water needs to be cooler than the air! It was actually about 105 in my back yard, so I guess that counts.

red-beard

Gold Supporter
May 27, 2019
Houston, TX
And I thought 92 was bad. Sunshade. I put up a sail shade over the deep end in the summer. It was blown down in Harvey, but I expect to put it back up this year. We reached 89 earlier in June, but finally had a week of rain. 3000 gallons in the pool. Good luck!

Arizonarob

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 25, 2018
Chandler Arizona
Preach. But Kelly is in FL with 102+ and humidity. o_O
Oh I know, I was just playing captain obvious. Besides, I lived in Tampa years ago, they don’t have humidity, they just have Swass!
It’s the only place I’ve ever been where it was 102% humidity, and it doesn’t rain? :scratch:🤷‍♂️

kellyfair

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 29, 2016
Tampa, FL
😂 Actually, I struggle in drier air... it is not good for my sinuses!

i was up in DC once in March for a work thing, and there were people from all over the country. A few were talking about how humid it was. In DC. In March. LOL

Katodude

Silver Supporter
Aug 22, 2017
West Palm Beach/Florida
Wow, that is a record. 93 is the hottest mine has gotten. Right now it drops to 89 overnight, and heats up to 92 in the day.

It funny, 90 is fine for me, but I find 93 hot, who knew that 3 degrees could make such a difference.

RMcGirr83

Gold Supporter
Nov 19, 2018
Tuscola, TX
96 is like hot tub water. Too hot for me at least to stay in when the heat is 100+. Hottest we've had our pool is 92 but that was with a solar cover on. Cover hasn't been on for a few days now and yesterday pool water high was 88.

JayRi

May 13, 2020
Tampa, FL
96??? Do you have a screened cage or not? We're about to build a pool but I'm hoping the cage will keep temps lower. We were on the fence on getting a heater. We are having it wired for one but more and more I'm thinking going to get a heater-chiller combo unit.