A New House; A New Adventure

Jul 24, 2019
London ON
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I just wanted to make this post to thank the TFP community. I have never owned a pool before and was totally ignorant to the maintenance of one.

We bought a house in June, pool looked great. Moved in on August 1st and the pool was a swamp. I had ordered a a proper testing kit which arrived on the 3rd and got to work.

Many hours of brushing, vacuuming and testing later I have emerged from the SLAM process. Alkalinity is a tad high (110) and an unnoticed finger slip has inputted some phantom CC into my latest log but all in all, everything is under control.

I haven't posted on the forum before but wanted to do so now to express my gratitude to the membership of this forum for helping a noob like me turn his swamp into a paradise.

Reactions: Oly and MyAZPool
Welcome to TFP.

Your water chemistry looks fine. Good work!

Your TA is fine. Just maintain your pH and let your TA be whatever.

Welcome to TFP! ?

You can edit the entry if you wish. Make sure you are on logs, not overview. Click on that particular log, chage entry, click check mark.

Did you back wash 2nd time due to rise in pressure? Should only need to back wash when you see about 25% rise in pressure.

Thanks for the tip Msch99,

I back washed because I installed a new sight glass (old one was cracked) and wanted to make sure it wasn't going to leak as it was not an OEM part.

Next on the list is to investigate my laterals as I'm finding sand in the bottom of the pool. I'll probably just leave it to next year as there's only a few weeks of decent pool weather left.

Reactions: Msch99
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.