A little mustard with my hot dog

1600 test

FC 10.5

Adding 94 oz to correct. Big rain coming tonight. I fear this will upset my apple cart. Any tips? Maybe Jack up my FC to compensate for the fact that I might not be able to test and I'm certainly going have water added, regardless of my preference?

Rain should not affect your chemistry that much. Unless you are talking about 6” or so. Get it to SLAM level and test when you can. Dont do anything dangerous a few hours of not being in SLAM wont hurt it.

I should be OCLTing tonight to end my SLAM, but I decided to delay a day. There's already been so much debris blown into the pool that the skimmer basket filled up, blocked suction, and the pump lost prime. Between the added debris and added water (for me, 1 inch is more than 2%) and pump being off until the storm passes, I'm delaying for another day. I'll get it back up to SLAM level when I'm safely able to do so and pick it up from there.

Ugh. So besides dumping my pool so full of crud that it took me an hour to scoop it out, I also went 10 full hours without filtration. I also saw more algae than I had seen before I started the slam. 8 gallons of bleach down, and at this pace I will clearly need at least that much more to keep going. Gained 1.5 inches of water for my troubles.

FC was 11.5 CC was 0. None the less, the presence of more algae suggests I'm losing ground. I'm suspect of this FC reading, given I hadn't touched to pool in 18 hours.

I may have to start from scratch with fresh levels. I fear my CYA has to be off to have this much more algae.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.