a little confused with the new looking site. Chemistry balancing help

Jan 4, 2017
matawan NJ
Hi, I was just getting the hang of my 2 yr old pool and now you guys pull a 180 on me!! :)

Opened pool yesterday and all seems good. Today, pool I looking very clean and SWG working great.

Here are my levels:
FC 5
CH 100
TA 50
CYA 30
PH 7.2

I am going to add about 115 oz baking soda to raise the TA slightly, and I am going to add stabilizer to raise the CYA to 70.

My question is, what is the generic product I need to add for the CYA (stabilizer?). I don't want to go to the pool supply store and with the new site look I can't find where I had all my info I've been getting used to. Sorry guys, still new at this. Thanks!!

Oh, and add whatever comments you feel appropriate for my numbers

Welcome back! The site is a little bit changed but so much better in the long run.
You can get stabilizer, conditioner, cyanuric acid, etc at Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, etc.

Reactions: vig1116
thank you mknauss!! I will definitely get used to the site, was just in a hurry to get the supplies this morning. I knew it was called stabilizer in the pool stores, but didn't remember that it's actually called cyanuric acid at Home Depot. I thought it was called something else. Thanks again!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.