A couple of odd ground changes. Will this majorly affect my pool later down the road?

Sounds like the pool issue is well in hand but the disclosure part wasn't fully addressed. If the seller knew of the problem and failed to disclose the issue you may have recourse to go back on them. You might be able to argue they attempted to conceal the problem with the cover. It depends on the laws in your area. It will be a PITA to pursue but it may be worth looking into.

Do you have any kind of new home insurance policy?

I have been in the excavation industry for 35 years so my professional opinion of what you have there is a sink hole from the original builder. Sleezy builders will have the excavators bury stumps of even worse all the trash from the development. I have walked off more than a few jobs when asked to that. Depending on the extent of the earth work they can have some very large excavators on site and will can bury the debris up to 20' in the ground. It sounds like just about the correct time frame for the debris to start rotting and sinking. Depending on the material sometimes it is difficult for a inexperienced excavator to determine "virgin ground" when digging the pool. Ask around the neighborhood to see if others are starting to see similar issues.

127A29A2-D849-4AF4-9500-2C33D8E7804E.jpeg
Recently found this. Going to call the company and see if I can get any info.

You know anything about what the construction of the pool is? What the pool walls are made of?

You have any idea how old the pool is? It would help to figure out the history of the pool and when and how that slope occurred.

If it has been that way for 20 years then you may be good for another 20.

It looks like the white fence was installed following the slope.

@jimmythegreek may have ideas.
E2E737B3-8C0B-413A-8F31-7CB2798BAF24.jpeg
Recently found this. Gonna try to call and get some information if I can from the company next week.

Learn how the pool was constructed. Walls steel or fiberglass or wood? Concrete put around it? What was it backfilled with? He have plans on file? Was the ground level when installed? Does he remember anything about the ground condition? Etc.
EBDD4414-78B3-4363-8086-39FBD565C293.jpeg
Recently found this. Going to try to get some info from the company next week if I can get get more.

Interesting. You might want to contact them to discuss your situation ...

At the very least it is a great testament to how strong there pools really are. I would suspect that is the reason the pool has not failed yet....

Yeah, that is what I was thinking. Looking at the design I was trying to imagine what has bent in the supporting structure.

It is truly amazing how things will conform like that given constant pressure and very slow movement. I have seen large concrete tank covers severely bowed in (not cracked or broken) from long term weight of soil on top of them.

Old post but was hoping maybe I could get some advice on who to call. Behind my fence is a small retaining wall which is falling apart in my neighbors yard. In between my fence and the retaining wall is where the telephone poles are in my neighborhood. Should I call the electric company? Or is it a town issue? Or should I speak to my neighbor?

Attachments

• E6E7BFBB-122D-43AB-8497-9D500B97E24B.jpeg
    E6E7BFBB-122D-43AB-8497-9D500B97E24B.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 8

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I can't see the details of the wall from that picture but the land it is on either belongs to you or your neighbor. The electric company and telephone company may have an easement to access the land their poles are on but one of you is the property owner. Your fence may not be exactly on the property line. Often the telephone poles are put along the property line. You need to look at your property survey and see exactly where your property line is.

I can't see the details of the wall from that picture but the land it is on either belongs to you or your neighbor. The electric company and telephone company may have an easement to access the land their poles are on but one of you is the property owner. Your fence may not be exactly on the property line. Often the telephone poles are put along the property line. You need to look at your property survey and see exactly where your property line is.

So here’s the fence line and here’s my neighbors yard that slopes directly behind my fence line. The retaining wall may be completely at fault, Or lack of maintaining retaining wall? Is there anyway I could have a company come out and lift the pool skimmer to around the few inches it needs and get a company to put up a new retaining wall and say I’m in the clear? AE2C0BF4-6CA9-412B-88DC-64A960423A74.jpegE4E66031-E458-4932-BF22-5E477F433F01.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.