A Big Thank You

Oct 11, 2013
I am a brand new pool owner(built in August) and I am so glad that I found this place. Of course all of the advice I received before coming here had me on track to spend a fortune to keep my pool "right". I started out using triclor and cal hypo as instructed by my pool builder. Luckily I came here before CYA got out of hand(~73 currently) along with CH(330 currently). I now have a Taylor 2006 kit and use nothing but bleach to chlorinate. I'm still trying to learn the amount that is needed but I'll get there soon enough. I tend to over chlorinate at this point according to the best guess(and other) charts so I am slowly backing down. I also added Borates via boric acid granules. My already very nice looking water became eye popping clear. Even my wife, who tends not to notice things like that, noticed as soon as she came out the door. OK, enough rambling on my first post. I just wanted to say Thank You very much to all who contribute to this great forum. The information is invaluable.

FC-9
CC->.5
TA-80
PH-7.4
CH-330
CYA-~73

:goodpost: Congratulations on taking control of your pool :goodjob:

My only suggestion would be to get a speed stir, if you don't already have one.
Swirling and swirling and counting and counting can be boring, tedious, and some of us even lose count!

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Speedstir just came in yesterday! I am anxious to use it tonight or in the morning. I need to test my tap water as well so I'll break it in right. My CH creeping up is kind of bothering me so I need to find out where I am at with fill water. A small drain and refill won't hurt my slightly high CYA number either.

Thank you all for the warm welcome and unbelievable knowledge. :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.