A big mistake!

Iolly

Nov 21, 2018
Seminyak Indonesia
Hi guys ,I’m in a really bad moment.
Yesterday I used some flocculant after some trouble with ph etc due heavy crazy rain last week, to clean everything .
I stopped my pump , so the water could not go through my cartridge filter ( Hayward ).
BIG MISTAKE WAS NOT SAYING ANYTHING TO MY WIFE.
This morning ,I was at work, my wife saw the pump and water not flow ,checked and start the pump . She thought the electricity went down yesterday night.

Now after 9 hours of water with flocculant running through the cartridge filter , the filter is clogged!!!!

Water can not flow properly from the inlet.

How can I clean the flocculant from the cartridge?!? There is a way to do it? Some “ degreaser” or dome proper soup?

I know most of you will say: “change your cartridge” and some of you also “change your wife”... but in the mean time what I can do?!?

Thank you

• Sad
Reactions: gary300
I,

I assume you have tried to just clean them like you normally do??? I have not had the fun of running floc through my system, but would assume that just spraying them off would get rid of half the problem... Then I would try dishwasher detergent and see what that did.. I don't think you will get them back as they should be, but would think you could clean them enough to let you run them another month or so..

Even if I am not right, what other choice do you have??

Thanks,

Jim R.

I,

I assume you have tried to just clean them like you normally do??? I have not had the fun of running floc through my system, but would assume that just spraying them off would get rid of half the problem... Then I would try dishwasher detergent and see what that did.. I don't think you will get them back as they should be, but would think you could clean them enough to let you run them another month or so..

Even if I am not right, what other choice do you have??

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks Jim I’ll do it like you say. Now I just try to keep it dry and hope the mire and flocculant will dry too.

You have nothing to lose Lolly, you aren't going to make it any worse so maybe you'll make it better by trying.
Well just to update you guys, today I left the cartridge under the sun to dry it.
As soon as it was dry I washed it with a degreaser for the dish...clean it with lots of water...

LIKE NEW NOW. Just checked the pressure and water flow... nothing wrong all good

Thank you

Reactions: Newdude
I know most of you will say: “change your cartridge” and some of you also “change your wife”... but in the mean time what I can do?!?

Thank you

Wait. Hold up. I had no idea I could change my wife when I had a dirty filter. I think filter cartridges just won the which filter is better argument by a long shot.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.