Re: Help me post a question

Jul 4, 2015
Williamson

I am having trouble figuring out how to begin thread or post a question

I had trouble with my pool a couple of weeks ago, I ordered a kit, tested, and, over the course of several days, got it straightened out. Then, I went on vacation for 5 days. When I came back, the pool was cloudy and slightly green again. I have tested for a couple of days, but can't get it straightened out. The levels seem to be o.k., but it is cloudy and slightly green.

• FC - 5
  • PH - 7.2
  • TA -100
  • CH - 225
  • Calcium Hardness - 300
  • CYA - 60

Well, you seem to have figured it out. Let's consider this the beginning of your post. If your pool is green, your chlorine levels were too low at some point and it allowed algae to grow. You will need to SLAM your pool. If you look under the Pool School tab up above, you can find information about how to SLAM correctly.

Welcome to TFP!

Chlorine is very low and if it has dropped below 5 at all then algae will grow.

Chlorine level is set based on CYA level and the Chlorine CYA Chart. Minimum for 60 is 5 which it should never be below, ever. Target is 7, which is what it should be at all times, I like to keep FC 1 or 2 over target to be on the safe side. And shock level is 24.

It is safe to swim when FC is above minimum and below shock level.

Raise FC up to 15-20 for a few days and see if it clears up. If it does not then you will need to SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain your pool.

After I tested yesterday and before I posted, I added 5 lbs of 53% cal-hypo (I was out of bleach and I thought that would be better than the dichlor tabs). About 12 hours later I added 5lbs more and now I have added 5 lbs more I am about to test again. It has been about 36 hours, but the water is still about the same. I have changed the filter 2x and swept it several. Of course it keeps raining.

Calhypo is OK as long as your CH isn't too high already. It will add more. You can use Pool School - PoolMath, down toward the bottom there is Effects of adding to see how much CH it will add.

Please update your location to include state or country. Climate is important. Click settings upper right and edit profile lower left.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.