Draining pool in Dallas, Tx

seanol

Dec 8, 2014
Garland, TX
Hey guys!
I am getting around to draining my pool due to very high CYA readings. See here: New pool owner in Dallas

I got to about 2/3rds down and realized that this isn't Vegas, the water table could be an issue! I used to live there and draining was not an issue.

Has anyone drained their pool here without issue? I have a pebbletec lining but I do not want to have to fix anything. I am also worried that with all the rain we have had that it could be an issue. I started filling now and haven't had any issues and I can always drain again next week.

Thoughts form North Texans on this fine 4th of July?

Thanks,
Sean

Not in TX but in Florida so know of what you think...........Better to not chance it! Better safe than sorry!

Good thinking on stopping. What is said here at TFP is to leave at least 1 foot of water in the shallow end.

Kim

I'm in Texas, not too far from you. I've had my pool replastered twice in the past 20 years, which of course required a complete drain. I didn't have any problem with the drain either time. However, these replasters were in a dry part of the season (August). With our recent rains and the lakes still quite full (Lake Grapevine is still above flood pool), I don't think I would take a chance on a complete drain.

Thanks folk!

I was down to about 1 foot in the shallow end. I am filling now and will retest. Should I add chlorine now or wait until the pump is running? Pump should be able to be run by tomorrow morining.

Thanks,
Sean

Thanks folk!

I was down to about 1 foot in the shallow end. I am filling now and will retest. Should I add chlorine now or wait until the pump is running? Pump should be able to be run by tomorrow morining.

Thanks,
Sean
Personally, though I have not drained that far down ever, I would add some chlorine as it fills. Brush to circulate after each addition until pump runs

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.