Pool newbie-ish

Jul 3, 2015
Embro, ON
Hello, all.

Found this forum while researching how to resurrect my pool. It's been neglected for over five years. Took about 500 lb of aquatic vegetation and sludge out, lots more to go! Dumped about 4 L of Clorox into 'er an hour or so ago, I'll have to wing it for a few days until the TF-100 XL test kit I ordered arrives, hopefully it travels the 2.5 hours to Statesville NC quickly, so I can bring it home Tuesday!

I drive truck, am usually in NC on Tuesday, home again Wednesday, then IN Thursday & home Friday.

Awesome site you folks have here! It's been extremely useful in the 3 days I've been lurking.

My kids thank you too! :D

Cheers
Darren

Welcome to TFP!

Once you get your test kit, you will need to do a SLAM Process. You will need someone available who can monitor chlorine levels throughout the day for the duration of this process. The most important part of the SLAM is the M for Maintain, as in maintaining the chlorine at SLAM levels until you have met the 3 criteria of Done as described int he SLAM article.

In the meantime, keep removing as much debris as possible. This will put you in a better position once you begin the SLAM.

Yeah, been reading up on the SLAM, and reading some of the threads of really bad pools. Can't wait to get started. I guess I'll have to train the nanny!

Stocked up on bleach, got the SWCG ready to go, haven't added salt yet since I'll likely lose lotsa water via the shop vac, which I should start today. I've already put about 12 L of chlorine in over 3 days to make the water somewhat safe to work around, and seems to be helping clear the water - I can see bottom today!

Cheers
Darren

Sent from my Bell Mobility Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk