9995872-DIY vs. 9995862-DIY for Dolphin Premier cable replacement

birdgirl2014

Bronze Supporter
May 8, 2014
Charleston, SC
When my Dolphin Premier stopped moving, and I made sure that the impeller was OK, I finally had a Maytronics "expert" check the Dolphin Premier, and the drive motor had died. He installed a new one (ka-ching!) but also noted that the cable seemed chancey. Sure enough, the Premier ran for a few minutes and then didn't. Maytronics says that the cable needed is #9995872-DIY, but I've read online that several people have used the much less expensive 9995862-DIY and it's worked fine with their Premier. I'm wondering whether the more expensive version is needed if you use the remote, which we don't care about. Anyone have an experience with this?

Where is the cable actually bad?? Most cables do not break in the middle. They generally fail at one end or the other... If you think the cable is bad right were it enters the robot, then you can just shorten the cable..

Basically remove the cable
Cut off the bad end.
Install a new motor connector.

You can get the connector ends from Marina pool and spa..

I "suspect" that the only difference between the two cables is that the expensive one has an extra wire for remote control use.. I do not know this for a fact...

Talk with Margaret and see what she has to say...

Thanks,

Jim R.

I checked w Marina Pool and Spa, and the 9995862-DIY CAN be used with the Dolphin Premier, as long as you aren't interested in using the remote. The 9995862-DIY has two prongs, as opposed to the 9995872-DIY, which has a third prong for the remote. The two-prong version is much less expensive and just as effective in pool cleaning. Thanks for the tip, Jim!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.