Small jets not spinning

Apr 27, 2013
Wichita, KS
Some of the small rotary jets in my hot tub aren't spinning, some are. These jets are about 1 1/4 inches in diameter with 2 angled nozzles on them and a chrome ring around them that controls water flow. The flow control ring is wide open on them and they seem to have as much pressure as the ones that do rotate. They will turn by hand, so they aren't frozen up. They are on both banks or zones control wise, and some on the same gang turn, some don't. I have tried running just one bank to see if it was a pressure issue, but there wasn't any change in operation of the offending jets. All the large jets rotate fine.

I ran a dose of Ahh-Some through it today during the routine cleaning, thinking maybe they were gunked up. No change, but I got plenty of gunk anyway. It was the first time I had ever used it, and I won't be without it after seeing what it got out of what I thought was a pretty clean hot tub.

Any advice on what to do to those jets ? Anyone know how to take them apart without a major invasion of my entire plumbing system ?

Hints, tips or tricks welcome.

I'm not sure what you could do but I'm sure someone can help soon enough.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.