5bucks

Jun 6, 2015
Quarryville/PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Working through the world's longest pool erection - -If Kim or Casey are there ~ still not swimming =(
Our 27' round walls were set up for the umpteenth time and the pool was perfectly round and staked. 12 hours of beating winds and rain and the east side has 3 or 4 radius measurements that are short. Will these push out as the pool fills? will it be safe?
Should I pay attention to the gaps in the track/base plates at those points? 18 posts and 14 of them are measuring 13' 5" to 13' 5 1/2". The shortest of the few is 13' 3 3/4".

WOW! This HAS been almost as long as an inground pool build!

Is it round? The track/base plates are meant to be adjustable. NONE of mine were the same on any two sides of a base plate. So long as your track as a whole is ROUND and your wall fits you are good!

Do you want to take a pic and show us what you are talking about just to have more eyes on it?

Kim

Very funny. Thanks for that. Ha! If you can believe, after my prior post (and weeks of my husband doing nothing), I came back from a week away and said the heck with it. "I'm doing it myself." I put up 27ft of wall to circle perfection and ran out of daylight before I could stake. In the morning my daughter and I started staking and out of nowhere (and 3 hrs before predicted) the wind picked up and everything started crashing!!! It was nightmarish. Buckles, out of track... My just prior proud self had to hold back the tears. (my daughter had enough for both of us) We live on a hill surrounded by open fields. The weather has not been my friend.
As WE put the pool walls up I made sure we maintained equal radius from center to each baseplate. The storm/high winds lasted so long (this time) that it inched some of them in. Some were even off the blocks despite being staked. We corrected as much as we could, it seems, but a few of them are still measuring up to 2" shorter. Does that make sense? I wanted to unbolt and take that section down and try to do better but my husband thinks I'm nuts. Plus he has already leveled sand there. He thinks when we fill it will all even out. I don't need perfect, just safe. And hopefully durable!
The wall is connected and in the track. I think it is buckling a bit at the bolted seem, but again....he thinks everything will work itself out?? (including the minor dents from our mishaps) Shouldn't I get some sort of award for this ?

Where are your walls buckling? Pics would be great. Also, al long as your wall is meeting up, your base plates are on your pavers, You should be able to proceed. I'd like to see pics of what you feel are your problem areas. It could help us, help you.

Thanks. Will do tomorrow. (pics)
Hmmmm. If that's the case we could have continued the first time! (Shhhh) I kept reading it had to be "round" and no more than 1" out of round. Live and learn. Hopefully we're good. Had planned on full day today and filling ~ unexpected rain all day, hardly got anywhere. Between weather, baseball, vacation and those who fail to follow directions, what started out as a weekend project has become a daunting task. Delays and mishaps have created much more work than there would have been if everything had gone as planned. This is crazy.
I will send picture of seam, minor dents and any questionable baseplates. Thanks again! I've noticed some people have problems posting pics? any tricks? Will check back in morning.

I use postimage.org. It's free and easy to use.

Once water hits the liner and starts filing, it will gain it's true shape. As long as your base plates are on the blocks, you should be fine. You just don't want to be more than 1" out of level.

Ok. then we should be good. I suppose if the wall isn't quite straight/perfect at the bolted seem that will straighten up too. I hate the thought that it may have been ok the first time, but then again, when he rechecked level of the blocks after the tear down, his friends did not have it right, so I guess that's good. The worst part of it all is that there are now imperfections in the wall, nothing major. I hope they push out as well. And the area around the pool is going to take a lot more work bc of the weeds that have grown. No, the worst part is that the kids lost a month of swimming =( I may not post pics if I go up there and feel good after seeing your comments.There is one about 1/2" segment at a plate where the base of the wall was damaged that I have to check. i didn't like the way it was seated in the track.

If your wall is jumping out of track, your not level. You have a low spot. If your wall is bulging at the bottom, you're not level. You have a high spot. Double check your pads now n make sure you're within an inch level. Get the wall in the track and bolt it up. Make sure your plates are on the pavers and prep the bottom for the liner.

It would be nice to see pics on how you're progressing. They are mandatory! :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
~
Good
~
Bad
~
???
Not quite under lip

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously, the second picture which the track is not quite under the lip of the plate on one side. Can't figure out how to correct with wall already in
~

- - - Updated - - -

This is at only one plate. The rest are seated fine

Darn. I can see them. The walls aren't coming out. On one side of one baseplate - where the track slides in , the track isn't quite covered by the lip on the baseplate. It's either not slid in properly or something is slightly bent. Let me try something - tell me if you can see pic s
attachment.php
good
attachment.php
bad
attachment.php
same one
attachment.php
bowed???

Attachments

• good.jpeg
    good.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 613
  • bad.jpeg
    bad.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 614
  • same one.jpeg
    same one.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 618
  • seam.jpeg
    seam.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 615
There they are! I see them and see what you are talking about. It does look like there is some bend in the base or track.

Here are my thoughts-------------It looks like the track is down enough. As in the bottom of the track is sitting right on the top of the base plate. If I am seeing it right that is good. If not then gently tap the track down so it IS sitting on top of the plate.Then take some needle nose pliers and gently use them to "push" the two together they will seat together.

Wall bow-I am not sure how to fix that. I am with your hubby that the water may "fix" it.

Now please know I am NOT an expert! I am just giving you ideas of what I would do! I am not sure if it will work but my gut says it will. Use my ideas as you like or not.

Good luck and HUGS!

Kim

I do believe it is seated on the base plate. It's weird. No way to get the pliers in there to squeeze. It's as if it just wasn't slid in right. I thought of tapping the plate to the side and trying to reslide it it, but if I recall, there wasn't enough leeway with the gaps on the plates on either side. The bow -- I think we should undo the nuts and bolts and make sure they are tightened evenly from the middle up and down. Hand tighten first and then drill tighten. Only explanation I can think of. Wasn't like that the first time it was bolted =/

Is that inside or outside of the pool on that base plate? The water should take care of that bow. It is behind an upright anyway. You may never see it.

This pool came with black plastic-like sheeting (pvc?) The foam cove was placed on top of it as it is still attached. The plastic appears to have gone a cpl inches up the walls and then the cove on top (then the pad). What purpose does this serve and is it necessary to go up the wall? Can I just put the cove on the sand then the plastic ? Is the plastic supposed to go up the walls? It's certainly more difficult to seat the cove that way.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.