SLAM update- odd results not sure where to go from here?

Jul 1, 2015
Thomasville, NC
Okay.....this is what I have done and the results I have so far...

1. Double chekded with Leslie's that water contained no iron ,copper, or manganese. I know they may not be accurate but I have no other way of testing for metals. No metals found. Confirmed CYA at 70 and pH at 7.6

2. Inital testing wiht FAS-DPD; FC 7ppm, CC=.25ppm. Used phenol red drop test to confirm pH at 7.6. Added 96oz of dry acid to target pH of 7.2. Waited an hour and retested- pH was 7.2.

3. Caculated my Shock level for SWG to be 28ppm, based on CYA of 70. I caluclated using Pool Math that I needed 1,119oz of 8.25% bleach (121 oz). At 2 pm I added 9.5 bottles of the bleach. Readings have been as follows:

3pm- FC=48pmm ( overshot the amount of maybe not yet mixed well?)- CC=0.5ppm
5:30pm- FC-40ppm, CC=0.5ppm
8pm: FC=31, CC=.5ppm
9:30am- FC=30, CC=0.5ppm
2:30pm- FC=27ppm, CC=.25ppm

I am not losing chlorine as fast as I thought I would. I have attached some pictures of what the pool looks like now. My steps now have a nice brown color to them leading me to believe that this might be a metal issue. I just dont understand why the tests are not showing any metals. What do I do now guys????? Do I continue to SLAM; alhtough I think I could pass the OCLT tonight. I am so furstrated that I want to cry and I just want to swim. I feel defeated and like I just want to put the cover on this thing.

I have ordered the K-2006 kit for future use and I also went ahead and ordered 2 liters of Metal out and a culator (sp?) patch thingy for the skimmer. I did this because everything I have read indicated that the only reason my steps would turn that color would be metal. HELP!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 59
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 59
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 58
I think you need to continue the SLAM and worry about metals after it is finished. There is no way that the SLAM could be complete tomorrow.

You are done when:
CC is 0.5 or lower
You pass an OCLT (ie*overnight FC loss test*shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less)
And the water is clear.

that water is not clear.

28 is correct shock level for FC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.