New from Austin

lonestar23

In The Industry
Feb 5, 2009
Boredom from seasonal slowdown led me online to help people with their pools. I came across chemgeek on a few sites and at first remained quite skeptical of some of the things he was typing. A few hours on this site has already interested me in testing a few things and trying to become more learned than the next guy.

So rock on. I'll be coming in with questions in the weeks to come. As a service guy with a pool route some of this stuff isnt going to be applicable (tabs are a must in a once a week visit.) Nearly every customer of mine I've honestly told, "You can take care of this pool better than me if you have the time." That obviously is not their intention so the next best thing is once a week visits.

Attempting to stop spreading BS...
-alan

Welcome to TFP!

Our primary focus here is on residential pool owners who take care of their own pools, but we love to hear from the pros as well.

There are ways around using tabs, even if you only visit once a week. The obvious choices are using some kind of chlorine delivery device other than a tablet feeder: a SWG, Liquidator, or peristaltic pump feeding bleach. There is even at least one company that raises the CYA level so high that they only need to add chlorine once a week, no automatic feeder of any kind required.