Intellipro dead control Panel... looking into Intellitouch

anthon

Jul 4, 2015
laval, qc
Hi guys,

Something feel off the a top shelf and strait into the screen of my Intellipro Pump :(
It cracked the outer Glass, control panel display and buttons are dead, but the circuits looks fine. (the pump didnt stop and is still running)

I took it apart carefully this morning and the control panel casing had fell apart into the unit.
I put everything back and for the moment the screen and buttons remain dead. (only the "on" led sometimes turns on)
The pump is still running (I have not attempted to power cycle it )

When i do, the controls might turn back on... but it might also "not" and if it does not I will be in a hurry to find a solution...(hense, why for the moment i'm not touching it)

anybody had this happen to them??

Turns out we can't just buy the control panel, need to buy the whole drive, and prices seem to be in the 700-800$ :(

Does anybody know if i connect an intellitouch on the unit will i need a working control panel?
I'm trying to figure out what intellitouch i need. I have a heat pump, two pumps (pool and spa) and a dozen valves..

I am aware that the intellitouch will cost more, but i have been contemplating this for a while, since my wife finds it a bit complicated to turn the spa on ( need to turn 4-5valves)
I am also unhappy with the fact that there is no timer on my heat pump and if i leave it set to 82 it runs mostly at night when its cooler and costlier. (live in Montreal Canada... nights here sometimes get cold)
anyhow i want to make sure the panel i buy will support all 12 valves, might not buy the valve controllers right away but need to make sure its possible!

The Suntouch might be a cheaper option for you. Yes, i think if you connect the low voltage cable it will control the pump. But, I thought I read somewhere on TFP recently about someone replacing the control panel in their Intellifo pump.

So after making sure that the drive is stock at my local pool shop, i power-cycle my pump.

The Pump re-starts (prime then runs smooth) but still nothing on the panel is still dead
i'm Under the impression that the when we choose a setting on the panel the setting is sent to the mainboard of the controller and once its registered the panel is 'dormant'

i'm going to take the pump apart and test the panel with an external rs-485 adapter... i'm hoping only the panel is dead and an easytouch 8 could replace it!

my intellitouch controller screen was dead so i took it apart and replaced just the lcd itself... it was $100 bucks for the lcd part (had to order from china), but it beat spending $400 for a whole new controller on ebay. this screen was rather obscure, otherwise it would have been a lot less $$$. if you're comfortable pulling it apart there should be a model number or some other identification on it that can be used to track down a replacement. i'd be happy to try and id it so you can get a replacement.

*update and Resolved

So I never had a chance to test my pump with my rs-485 controller, two week ago I turned off the pump (with breaker) and when I turned it back on, the screen and button turned back on!
it works as if If it was never off... not sure why... but happy its back up.

I am still thinking of getting the easytouch controller but have not made that move yet!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.