How to deal with chlorine levels that do not come down

Hello -- and thank you in advance for your help.

Here is the story -- Had some black algae. Dealt with that successfully. Then left town for 3 weeks. Friend added acid while we were away. Returned home to a beautiful looking pool, however tests show the following results....

pH 7.5
FC 22
CH 300
TA 100
CYA 50

I left the salt water generator at 50% while we were away, thinking the chlorine would come down.

What should I do now?

My first guess is to turn off chlorine generator until levels come way down. I know I need to increase CYA levels. Does having a pool screen reduce the amount of chlorine that gets burned off? Anything else I should be adjusting or thinking about?

Thank you

Yes, shut off the SWG. And yes, if things are screened you will lose less to sunlight. If there's a roof over that pool, you'll lose hardly anything to UV, so you won't need as much CYA and you certainly don't need the SWG on as long as you've been running it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.