Biloxi, MS
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-25
Somehow the wall moved while putting it up and now the return is behind and l an upright. Now I know the right thing to do is take it all down and redo it but my concern is that we have been literally waiting for months to have a few dry enough days that aligned with my hectic work schedule to install this and now it's calling for rain starting tomorrow for the next 4 -5 days and who knows after that. I'm concerned if I can't get the wall moved before the rain the foundation or posts could get compromised.

I know people have added a second return to their metal wall above ground pool (and just leave the original return behind the upright) is this an option that would solve my issue and save my pool from the weather?

Fyi, my warranty will already be voided because I'm burying the pool 8" deeper than is covered under the warranty so that's not an issue. My only concern is safety and having read about others adding a second return to help with circulation I can't see why this would cause any structural issues.

Secondly if I go this route, should I cut the hole into the same steel panel the original return and singer are on?

If your return is covered by an upright, your skimmer box cut out may also be covered or very close to an upright. I would check it.

The skimmer is fine. Anyone have any tips on how to get the aqualuminator apart so I can verify what size hole I need. The light came packaged together and for the life of me I cannot unscrew it. I am trying with all of my might but there is no place to grip it.

I'm not sure.

Personally, I'd reset the wall.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I went out to my pool and removed the back cover on my light. I think I know what you are talking about. When you push the bulb through the pool wall and then twist a plastic nut on....is that what you're asking about? When I installed it, it's only finger tight. Right out of the package you may need a couple of those lid gripper things to get a grip on things or maybe even some channel lock pliers. Just make sure to protect the threads. Is this what your light looks like?

NO my problem is how do i get the water jet that goes on the inside of the pool off so that I may stick the light through my pool wall. It all shipped together and I cant for the life of me figure out how to take it apart to put it through my return hole.

I really appreciate all of your help.

Ok that's what I was trying before but it's apparently on ultra right because I cannot budge it with my hands. I'm going to try a pipe wrench tomorrow. Thanks for the help everyone.

NO my problem is how do i get the water jet that goes on the inside of the pool off so that I may stick the light through my pool wall. It all shipped together and I cant for the life of me figure out how to take it apart to put it through my return hole.

I really appreciate all of your help.

Drain your pool below the return line by 4" give or take, use a large pair of channel locks or pipe wrench to loosen the interior nut.
remove and replace with the new light/return

John

So what are your plans and are they complete? Just wondering...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.