Got some algea and got some questions.

Trick

Silver Supporter
Apr 21, 2015
Waterford, MI
Pool water looks good but I had the brush out to brush some freshly added salt around and I noticed a cloud of green come off the floor. I brushed the whole pool and a cloud of green came up at every new area I brushed and you could noticeably tell it was brighter and cleaner in the brushed areas.

Test results are;
ph 7.4
fc 5
cc .5
ta 80
cya 40 (just added more stabilizer and this should be about 80 in a week)

Certainly this has to be the start of an algea bloom.

My question is, can I just turn my SWG up to Slam? It goes to 10 and I only run it at a 4.
Should I also up my pump run time? It currently runs for 9hrs.

Didn't make it to the store for chlorine and wanted to 'test' the SWG.

After 24hrs of running the SWG on max, FC got to 14. After an additional 12hrs, it was up to 20. Hoping tonight it is at 28.

Water is clear right now, I will hold it at FC of 28 for at least 24hrs. Then do that night FC drop test. Sounds good? or keep FC up a bit longer before testing?

Looks like I'm doing my best to mess it up over here. I have been shutting the SWG off at night but I forgot last night and went to work today. Came home and FC was 33! uugg! CYa is only 65.

No sun out today to help eat the chlorine.

So am I going to eat a hole in my liner?

And I'm thinking its a great time to add some more stabilizer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.