Howdy Ya'll! Glad to find you!

Jul 3, 2015
DFW,TX
I am so glad to have found all ya'll! I have been reading, reading, and re-reading posts for about a week now. I was so hoping to get the pool ready for 4th of July but it needs a few more days of TLC. I'm ordering the TF-100 kit on Monday. We are new homeowners with a pool......

Here's where we started on June 20th :
attachment.php

And here's where we are today without the TF-100 Kit......
attachment.php
Still lots of fine stuff at the bottom of the pool. And still a little cloudy. Yesterday, hubs donned snorkel gear and took the leaf rake to get the rest of the big debris out of the deep end. Chem is in acceptable levels but I need to keep working it to get rid of the cloudiness. The DE fins are fine, cleaned off and re-DE'd three times now.
It's been 30+years since I've worked on a pool and that was a cartridge filter in Florida with no trees around it.
I'm over the local pool shop and this pool was not very loved.

I know that the following needs to be done to the pool:
  1. Remove tree at west end. It's bad enough I can't deal with the neighbor's trees but who willingly puts a tree at the end of a pool? And I'm yanking out the box hedges too....wasp haven and debris.
  2. Pool equipment needs to be redone. The concrete pad that it all sits on, does not have rebar and didn't use an aggregate so it is crumbling because most of the backwashing has washed out the dirt from underneath it. IDK how to remake the pad and leave the equipment. BTW, who backwashes under their own equipment AND the edge of the house????
  3. attachment.php
    I used pink flamingo and daisy tape to fix the leaks in the DE catchment filter. Local pool shop didn't have an o-ring. Backwash hose wouldn't stay on....I tried zip ties first.....not opposed to the tape. It is pretty, after all!
  4. attachment.php
    Replaster, retile, redeck.....this is the top step into the pool when I did a 1/3 water change. The previous owner glopped some sort of silicone putty all along the tiles (in addition to the years of not taking care of the scale). IDK why....yet. The decking has been repainted but is pitted down to the concrete in several places. The copping is straight brick on three sides and was decked over on one. The step produces grit if you rub your hands over it....again, Lola was not well loved. At least, the house was in way better shape....it needs a new roof in 5 years.....

Well, we have our hands full and soon, very soon we should be swimming...... Any suggestions, I'm so open for them. So glad to find you all!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I know the tape will drive some of you crazy....it really was to help keep the area dry while I backwash! I have the o-ring on order...

Attachments

• IMG_4382.jpg
    IMG_4382.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4433.jpg
    IMG_4433.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4375.jpg
    IMG_4375.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4370.jpg
    IMG_4370.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 77
You are on the right track-----------getting the best test kit!

I had to look twice or three times when I saw the tape LOL. Hey you do what you have to do! At least you found something that would work for now.

Lola you are love now. They are even buying you presents!

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.