Dirt going back into pool

dansdad

LifeTime Supporter
May 24, 2013
I have a 13000 fiberglass pool vacuum cleaning with 4 cartridge filters.. I was concerned my sweep may not be working right so I unhooked it from the hose, and used a manual ( me) sweep. The shallow end had a lot of dirt in it. as soon as I began to suck it up which the manual worked well.... the dirt just blew back into a return jet.so..... I just cleaned my filters but they are not new as a matter of fact 2 are over 5 years old. So what do you think? Thanks Dave

Most of the time when people think dirt is blowing out of their filter it is really just algae in the pool being blown around. Get a filter sock and tie it or hold it over the pool return and see how much stuff it catches. It shouldn't catch anything because nothing big enough to see should be getting past the filter and if there is then there is something wrong with the filter.

Or take FC up to 10ppm and Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT) to see if anything is growing in the pool.

Not good at all! Hummmmmmmmmmm I would take my filter apart again and make sure everything is seated where/how it should be.

-Are there ANY holes or rips in the fabric of the cartridges? Look close to make sure. If you do not find anything I would really look that there is not something not sitting right or loose.

Feel free to take and share pics.

I LOVE your name LOL. Being a teacher I so understand where you are coming from dansdad! LOL

Kim

I will take my filters off again and look and probably replace, and btw kimkats...I hope you'll like my name if you have a dog. dan is short for danny our beloved black and white springer spaniel

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.