Day two and beyond - daily routine

Jun 14, 2015
cape cod, ma
Our pool is up! I tested Ph and Chlorine and they were spot on. The acid is filtering through the sock.
Daughter is happily swimming :)

So do I test anything else?

What do you from day two and on? So, my daily schedule now that we've 'opened' the pool.

Thanks!

That is a good starter kit. It will at least get you up and running.

Did you have any questions about the link I posted? I have it printed out and tucked inside my test kit for reference. In the beginning I had it hanging on my 'fridge to help me know what needed to be done day to day.

Kim

When I first started out, I tested chlorine and PH everyday. Over time, I continued to test chlorine daily but PH became every few days. After three years, I am finally able to test chlorine weekly and PH twice per week because it has a tendency to creep up. I test my CYA/stabilizer a few times each season. The more you test in the beginning, the more familiar you become with your pool and you are able to catch problems, such as algae, before it catches you. Read Pool School and as many forum posts as you can. There is a wealth of information here and you will not regret reading any of it.

It's really not all that hard. Just keep up the FC and maintain the pH. Remove any debris that falls in.

The water will get so crystal clear that a single flower pedal will show up in stark contrast and you will be forced to remove it immediately. And shortly after you reach that stage, you will hesitate to get in any pool but your own. So will your kids - they'll become pool snobs, too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.