Introducing the New Forum Layout

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
TFP has been growing and evolving rapidly over the last two years. Based on the ever increasing membership and member feedback I have redesigned the forum layout. The new design is intended to make it simpler to find things and to make it easier for new members to learn about pool care.

The largest change is splitting up the old "Swimming Pool Equipment" forum into several new forums in the new equipment category. There are also a number of other changes that I will leave for you to discover on your own.

There is still some work in progress. A number of older topics from the old "Swimming Pool Equipment" forum will be moved over the next few days, but you probably won't even notice as we finish up that process.

Some of your posts, or the topics you follow, may be in new locations. This may create a little confusion. Hopefully the confusion will be minimal and the improvements well worth the minor disruption.

Enjoy
Jason

Jason,

I've noticed that when threads get split they no longer show up on my 'bookmarks' (actually, I bookmark threads by responding to them)

Will this new spit effect my ability to see those posts via my bookmarks?

(I FULLY agree with whatever changes that will improve the 'flow' of this site - I just don't want to loose contact with the ones I've been active in - yes, I know I ended the sentence with a preposition, but it expresses what I meant to say)

Bookmarks will not be affected. They will still be able to find the appropriate topic in it's new location.

We are splitting up forums, which means moving topics. No splitting of topics is occurring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.