Skimmer Pressure Uneven/ Vacuum Suction is great

akaistha

Aug 4, 2014
Coppell, TX
Hello All,
After cleaning up the pool chemistry last year- I am facing another challenge this year:

I cleaned up the pool filter and my suction vacuum is working great-I have two skimmers (one close to the pool equipment) and the other farther away. The skimmer that is close to the pool equipment is not working as hard as the other one and is not skimming very well.

What are my options or should I just go the snake route?

Thanks as always,

Amit

That happens with my skimmers occasionally, usually the one farther from the pad for me. I turn the suction valve that controls drain/skimmers to all skimmers and put my hand over the opening on the skimmer that is working to force more suction through the other skimmer. That has worked pretty well for me so far.

That happens with my skimmers occasionally, usually the one farther from the pad for me. I turn the suction valve that controls drain/skimmers to all skimmers and put my hand over the opening on the skimmer that is working to force more suction through the other skimmer. That has worked pretty well for me so far.

Thank you for the input-I will try this method and let you know-I think I may have an air pocket.

Just cap the one with strong suction with something strong and unbreakable, like a plastic bowl or tub and see if the increased flow clears the line.

Long term, you could drop a diverter valve in the strong one which would reduce the flow to equalize things.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.