DuraPro M-16 Leafing Tool or Purity Pool Red Baron

TexasTwister

LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Feb 9, 2008
Richmond, Texas
Anyone here have experience with the DuraPro M-16 Leafing tool made by Skimlite? I am very interested in this item, but want a little feedback before plopping down the bucks. Here's a link: http://skimlite.com/m16.html. I am particularly interested in durability and ease of use.

I am also interested in the Purity Pool Red Baron line of leaf rakes, too, if you have any input on those as well.

Thanks!

I like the red baron for it's durability. The whole thing is just sturdier than most leaf rakes.

I've never used the M-16 but it looks like it would be easy to deform the frame and easy to lose debris from since the bag is held open. A normal bag will essentially close itself as you draw the pole toward you and out of the water where this thing would be held open.

I've had great success with the white plastic-framed deep net that they sell at Lowe's for about $10. The net is 18-24 inches deep and the sturdy frame holds up to some pretty heavy leaf loads. I've seen a similar one at Target under the Dirt Devil brand for around $13.

Personally I have always been a fan of the Rainbow (Pentair) leaf rakes (both the 122 and 117, depending on whether you need the squeegee or not). Well made and long lasting under heavy use, IMHO.

I use Purity nets in my business. I have the Gator net. Its green. I've used the same net for 2 seasons. I am about to change the leading edge on it come spring. They are the best nets by far in the industry. I do also use Skimlite's poles. They are some of the best also! They don't last as long for me as the net does. Design flaw I guess.

Luke Pools

#3008 from skimlite is what I use. Everything is internal, no external cams. The pole is like oval shaped and it locks with the other pole. Very nice and lightweight. Plus You won't break it like some other cheap poles from walmart.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.