Cc high , ca low

Please let us know how these test results were obtained... Bringing sample to a pool store? Using your own test kit (and, if so, which test kit do you use)?

Sorry, but what is is CA? Maybe CYA (stabilizer)?

How does the pool look at the moment?

I am not familiar with that test kit, but I am not aware of any test kit that can test CYA of 4. It should be more like 30, 50 or even 100 or more. If you have never added CYA/stabilizer to your pool and you have never used dichlor or trichlor pucks, shock or powder then you should add 30 or 40 ppm of CYA/stabilizer to the pool. In a sock in the skimmer and squeeze it a few times per day. Your chlorine will be eaten up quickly by the sun without it.

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

It would be better to get a good test kit and test CYA with a reliable kit first. Pool School - Test Kits Compared, I use the TF100 from TFTestkits.net

Chlorine level is set based on CYA level and Chlorine CYA Chart. It is very important not to let the chlorine level drop below minimum to keep the pool sanitized and algae free.

Welcome to TFP!

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

im sorry guys i failed to mention in my haste this was a combination of reagent test and a "just to see test " from ace hardware. i would like to say that i found out first hand what has been said on this forum about in store water testing. brought a water sample to ace this morning and the first time the printout said i had NOTHING IN MY POOL. and i said to the guy" WWWHHHHAAATTT!!! " so after a retest it showed this FC-.6, TC-.9 , CC-.3 , PH-7.5 , hardness-133, TA-71, CyA-4. went back to town and retested again FC-6.1,TC-6.5,CC-0.4, PH-7.3,HARDNESS-166,ALKALINITY-75 , CYA-61. JUST GOES TO SHOW JUST BECAUSE ITS TESTED WITH IN STORE EQUIPMENT DOESNT MEAN ITS RIGHT!

im sorry guys i failed to mention in my haste this was a combination of reagent test and a "just to see test " from ace hardware. i would like to say that i found out first hand what has been said on this forum about in store water testing. brought a water sample to ace this morning and the first time the printout said i had NOTHING IN MY POOL. and i said to the guy" WWWHHHHAAATTT!!! " so after a retest it showed this FC-.6, TC-.9 , CC-.3 , PH-7.5 , hardness-133, TA-71, CyA-4. went back to town and retested again FC-6.1,TC-6.5,CC-0.4, PH-7.3,HARDNESS-166,ALKALINITY-75 , CYA-61. JUST GOES TO SHOW JUST BECAUSE ITS TESTED WITH IN STORE EQUIPMENT DOESNT MEAN ITS RIGHT!

I am new to all this like you...but I can tell you for what it is worth, the pool store tests could be close (???) or so far off you would be headed in the wrong direction. I believe when you get one of the recommended test kits, you will be much happier knowing what your pool water really is.....just my 2 cents.

Re: What should I do?

FC-8.1 TC-8.7 CC-0.6 PH-7.8 TA-84 CYA-60 . My test kit will be here in a few days until then I'm using Ace hardware. Water is clear as a bell.
At this point I wouldn't do anything until you can verify these numbers with your own test kit. Clear water and adequate FC does not show any need for emergency action. Just keep the SWCG running to keep the FC up. You have a four way test kit, so keep an eye on the pH and adjust that down if it gets much higher.

41b5958dc0a964b626a8b360239bcc19.jpg

Knj

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
FC-13 cc-1
Ph-7.4
Ta-130
Ch-300
Cya-60
Pool temp -86

FC is high from shock. Guess I need to let it dissipate. First time with K-2006, I think these numbers are as good as I could do for my first time. But I have been watching videos on utube so as to have a good idea of how to do it before hand.

Knj

Hey can anybody tell me what the fine brownish colored stuff that collects in on the bottom of the pool. More in the little crevices and imperfections of the pool floor. When vacuuming manually, it sucks it up pretty effortlessly as it kinda breaks up cloud like. I'm hopeful its dirt. After I vacuum it it will be back in a few days. FC-5.5 CC-.25
Ph-7.6
Ta-100
Ch-300
Cya-65
Pool temp -89

Knj

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.