Pipe size and longer run to Equipment Pad?

Ehlza

Jun 30, 2015
Hooksett, NH
Hi All, I have enjoyed reading many informative posts and now as I am fitting and plumbing my new Genesis fiberglass pool this coming week I was hoping for some advice.. The pool is a free form 16 x40. 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 returns. I have shipping to me a 3 hp Intelliflow VS, clean n clear plus 320 cartridge, 250k btu heater, IC40 salt gen, intellitouch LC, 3 glowbrite leds..
Planning to skim with dedicated line and main drains tee up. Returns... Thought long and hard about it and plan to run separate runs for each..ball valves at outlet to manage a leak and flow.. My run from the closest corner will be at the most 70' but then I must add the length of the pool 40' and 8' to eventually reach the skimmer. Main drains will be skimmer side and 8' depth.. I hope to run the pump efficiently but thinking that it will be working too hard.. Planning to use 2.5" for skim n drains. 2" returns.. If I put the equipment pad on skimmer side then it will be in view but the run from skim could be 30'.. I want the longer run because it is close to the house and out of site... Advice and analysis would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.