Praher/Jandy Multiport Valve

Hey Guys.. Pool company finally replaced my leaking BWVL-MPV multiport, was leaking out the backwash hose, from installation. Now its leaking out the little drain plug on the front. I tried to tighten it and it broke. So went to the pool store and got another, seems to be a 1/4 in drain plug, pretty standard but this one leaked too. Pool company said try putting teflon tape on it but this plug has an oring that comes with it. So tried teflon tape and tightened up, then I broke it... hmmm

Odd thing is now it isnt leaking? no oring and no top of screw. I bought another to change out but was wondering if its standard to use teflon on these things even when theres an oring. I don't know if Praher makes a plug that 1/4 but maybe a little different but the part I bought and the old part look identical to me..

Any advice is appreciated. Im going to stop out second broken one with new one, teflon tape added eventually since dont like the fact knowing I got a broken plug in there.. ;)

Chuck
IMG_3906.jpg

Hello Chuck! Geez .. Murphy's Law has been on you huh? Well, I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.