Turning my home into a rental - need suggestions

Sep 8, 2010
SF Bay Area, CA
Hello fellow TFPers!

It's been a while since I've posted, the TFP method has worked great for me the 6 years I've moved into my first home. With a growing family, it is now time to say good bye to this home. I'm going to rent the house out and have a few questions since I plan to continue to take care of the pool myself. The pool is a basic IG vinyl pool with a Hayward pump and cartridge filter. It has a faucet that I attach a garden hose to and run the pump to drain the pool when it gets too high. I'm familiar with the pool's usage of chemicals but I am wondering if anyone has suggestions on how to improve the process of keeping the pool water filled at the proper level. Draining it via the garden hose takes hours and I'm hoping to cut that down some. I also plan to continue to keep the solar cover on to minimize evaporation and chemical use. I can show the tenant how to uncover the pool with the reel and come by every 2 weeks to check the water chemistry. No trees around the pool so I usually just vacuum the pool before use.

Thoughts and suggestions?

Mods: I was't sure where to post so feel free to move if I had posted inappropriately.

Thank you for the replies. I did not know I had my notifications turned off so I didnt know someone actually responded to my thread!

Adding an auto fill seems pretty complex as it requires an existing water feed line which I don't have.

I have decided to hire a pool service to monitor the chemistry (anyone have any recommendations in the San Francisco east bay?) Hard to let someone take care of it as I know they wont be able to do the same job I would but for the sake of time it's probably the best option. I wonder if they will monitor and keep the water level in check (drain or add as needed).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.