First time green pool!! :(

tsks96

Jul 2, 2015
Grant Park
I am looking for some help..... last night I discovered that my pool has turned green! This has never happened to me before, and I would appreciate your solutions. My pool is a 24' round dished to 6' and runs through a hayward cartridge filter and zodiac chlorinator. I have added 3 pounds of super shock since last night. 1 last night and then this morning in the sun 2 more were added. The filter has been running constantly on high. My cousin tested the water on her TF-100 kit. These are the results....
FC 3.5
CC 1
TC 4.5
TA 70
CYA 20

Please let me know what I need to do.

Thank you!

Welcome to TFP!

If the pool turned green, the FC dropped below the recommended level at some point which allowed algae to gain a foothold. I would switch to plain unscented liquid bleach w/o any added thickeners and do a SLAM Process. If your FC is 20 ppm, you want to maintain an FC target of 10 ppm throughout the process. The most important part of the SLAM is the M for Maintain, as in maintaining FC as close to the SLAM target as possible until the SLAM Criteria of Done are achieved.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.