Generic kreepy crawly

Hi everyone, This is my first post on here. I am a first time pool owner as of about 2 weeks ago now. I have been reading the forums in here and learning about my pool. So far you all have been able to help me through a few problems already. Thank you everyone for all of your help.
I just bought a generic kreepy crawly from amazon for my gunite pool. I am trying to use it on a dedicated vacuum line. The directions in the manual are more geared to the connection to the skimmer so I am kind of stuck. I figure that I am better off running it off the vacuum line, so the skimmer can still do it's job. I have placed it on my vacuum line but I can't seem to get it to move. I kicked my pump up to full power but it seems that it is barely moving. Do i need to do anything to my skimmer in order for the suction to be strong enough on the vacuum line? Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can get it to go?

I have one of those but have no problem with it moving. Turn off the valve to the bottom drain if on and it should take off. You want as much vacuum pressure to the skimmer as you can get when the cleaner is in use. BTW mine is a year old now and I have had no problems with it and it does a pretty good job, good luck with yours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.